DVLA will no longer issue paper counterpart licences nor update them. If you need to check vehicle driving entitlements or convictions you will need your National Insurance Number and Driver Licence number (found on the card), you will then need to go to  https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number? to view your licence details.

TIP for Employers do not rely on the paper licence and you will need to ask your employee to follow this procedure, if you allow them to driver your business vehicles.

TIP for travellers hiring a car abroad – visit the website to gain your access code up to 72 hours before you hire the vehicle, the code can only be used once in the 72 hours.